This quarter has been hard. Grief is hard. Especially ambiguous and ambivalent grief. My classes hard and painful. Maybe one day I will post some of my journal in my other blog.
Living in Denver has its ups and downs. I dearly miss my mountains and the peace and relief they give to me. But I like city life, things open past 8 p.m., drinks and dinner with friends, being able to actually get work done because I don't have to drive as much.
I love my job. I work with students in one-on-one consultations where I collaborate with students on how to make their writing improve. I have learned a lot of things myself about my own writing and how I need to improve on some of what I am and have been doing. I really love it, it is very satisfying.
I take my comp exams in about two weeks and I am scared. Scared shitless. I am not prepared, my readings (articles, books etc) are a mess. I have to move my things back to my house in EP for a month or so.
But I am also going to the Bay area. I love that place I have such happy memories although I have only been there one time. That is my treat to myself. My desire is to travel more even if it is just to visit friends in the U.S. I don't need to go anywhere big to feel as though I am at the very least not stagnant.
I have felt it very hard to write. My body feels to raw almost too painful. It will come back one day. One day soon.
I leave for Chicago on Thursday to present at the National Communication Association conference. Another thing I am super nervous about.
So there is a short but sweet update. Me in a nutshell.
1 comment:
Hey Sweet Gurl. Hang in there. Say hello to 510 for me and PLEASE get some pupusas. Please. I was just thinking of some places or bars to go to. I was like, Oh. 'Maybe I should think of some queer places. And thought of some.' Then I laughed and thought how incredibly queer the nonqueer places in the Bay Area would seem to me right now. God. I have convulsions I'd be so joyful. The love and acceptance in the place... I will never take it for granted again.
Post a Comment